After updating Avast Antivirus when you restart your computer and try to launch Avast. You may receive error on restart UI failed to load Avast Antivirus. This is the common Windows problem, when users facing antivirus (AVAST or AVG) regularly stops and the error message appear UI Failed to load Avast or AVG Service is not responding. In this Cause, you Need to Contact 1-800-658-7602 toll-free Avast Customer Service Number for instant help.
Cause UI Failed to Load Avast Antivirus Error
The problem occurs due to inappropriate Windows services configuration. Because of that user’s interface can’t be loaded correctly. Often theissue starts to appear right after the updating to a newer version of antivirus software.
When the user tries restarting the service manually, it solves the issue for some time and antivirus running fine again – but only temporarily! Over short time the error message pops up again. It’s also important to mention that repair, deletion and re-installation of the antivirus won’t work too.
In order to Fix UI Failed to Load Avast Antivirus error, you need to check if the Remote Desktop Services is running on your Windows Vista, Windows 7,8 or Windows 10. Most likely, you just need to set up the automatic startup for these services during the boot and that will fix the problem.
Steps to Fix UI Failed to Load Avast or AVG Error
- Press Win+R, type in services.msc and press ОК
- Find the next services
- Services Terminal Server and Background Intelligent Transfer Service for Windows XP
- Remote Desktop Services for other Windows versions
- Double click on the needed service and choose Automatic option in Startup type, after that manually run the service and press Apply
- Reboot your computer
Fix Avast Error Message UI Failed to load in Windows XP
The common error due to which the application stops working is the error message UI Failed to load in the Windows XP
- Go to the start option and then click on run
- Now there you have to type service. MSC and then click on ok
- In the services options, you have to find terminal server and then select properties
- You will now be redirected at the general tab and then you have to click on menu which is in the drop-down list next to the Startup type
- Select automatic and then you have to save the changes you have made by clicking on apply.
- The same section of services find and then right-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Services and then select properties and then follow the similar 5 step to save this as automatic.
- Now you just have to restart your system and then try to run the antivirus again.
Contact Avast Customer Service team to get the best Solution to fix UI Failed to Load Avast Antivirus or AVG Error AV Service is not responding. If the program still not works and it crashes the window screen and you are not able to do your work then contact experts via Avast Customer Service number toll-free for immediate support.